You've made up your mind, you want to put money aside for your retirement, but Madelin, Perp, Préfon or Article 83, which contract should you choose?
All retirement contracts operate on the same principle, during your activity, you pay and at the time of retirement the value of your contract (payment and accumulated interest) is transformed into a supplementary income in the form of a life annuity.
An obscure contract, low profitability?
Retirement contracts often involve constraints: compulsory payment, high payment fees, little choice for investment, low profitability, life annuity payments.
If this is the case, it means you have an old contract, because the latest of the Plan d'Epargne Retraite Populaire or PERP retirement contracts offers much more flexibility.
The PERP, the pension contract 2.0
Capitalizing on the shortcomings of its predecessors, the PERP appears to be the most flexible withdrawal contract.
- No payment obligation, you save at your own pace, even if monthly payments are still the best tool for retirement, in case of a setback, you can interrupt payments.
- A free choice from among more than 300 funds available: from the 100% guaranteed euro fund, with profitability at half-mast for many years, to equity funds, diversified funds and dedicated funds, you will easily find the vehicles that are really adapted to your needs.
- the possibility of taking out pension options to provide income for your loved ones
- the possibility of withdrawing 20% of the contract in cash at the time of retirement
- a wide choice of options for the life annuity (reversible at 60%, 100%, guaranteed annuity, ...), you are sure to recover all your assets whatever the circumstances.
What if I have an old contract?
The good news is that you can transfer all old contracts to the PERP, this is valid for the Madelin law, the prefon, article 83 (company pension contract) and even foreign pension funds.
Whether to boost your retirement savings or to subscribe to a contract, do not hesitate to contact us to study all the possibilities together.